Version 0.34 of pss has been released today – get it from its BitBucket page or directly from PyPI (using pip or your other favorite packager).
Over the past few weeks pss has really become production quality. It has been used by quite a lot of people; a few bugs were fixed, and a few new features were added. Personally I use it almost every day with great success.
Here’s the list of changes for this version:
- Added –noheading and –nobreak options (pull request #4 by Bernhard Leiner).
- Issue #13: added the ‘-t/–textonly/–nobinary’ option to restrict the search to textual files.
- Issue #23: added ‘txt’ type for ‘.txt’ and ‘.text’ extensions
- Added ‘rst’ type for ‘.rst’ and ‘.rest’ extensions (Restructured Text)
- Issue #17: customize the colors used by pss for matches and filenames.
- Added __pycache__ to the list of directories ignored by default.
- Issue #20: Make -g cooperate with -a as expected.
- Issue #16: Add F90 and F95 extensions for Fortran.
- Issue #3: Allow specifying file types using patterns, not just extensions. Also adds new types: make, rake, cmake.