- "On Writing Well" by William Zinsser - A good book on improving one's writing skills.
- "Burning Bright" by John Steinbeck - An unusual short story structured as a play. Quick and fun to read.
- "The Solitude of Prime Numbers" by Paolo Giordano (read in Spanish) - a sad story, beautifully written. Though rough-edged in some places, this book was very enjoyable.
- "Sweet Thursday" by John Steinbeck - Sequel to "Cannery Row". Though somewhat less original, it's still fun to read.
Re-reads (books I've already read in the past, and have recently re-read):
- "Programming Pearls" by Jon Bentley
- "The Moral Animal" by Robert Wright