Recently writing a full review for each and every book I read has become tiresome, so I’m changing the approach. Once in a few months I’m going to post the list of books I’ve read and re-read in that period, with very short reviews (up to a few sentences). Certain books may encourage me to write fuller reviews, which I’ll just do in the usual manner.
So, for May – June 2010 the list is:
- "On Writing Well" by William Zinsser – A good book on improving one’s writing skills.
- "Burning Bright" by John Steinbeck – An unusual short story structured as a play. Quick and fun to read.
- "The Solitude of Prime Numbers" by Paolo Giordano (read in Spanish) – a sad story, beautifully written. Though rough-edged in some places, this book was very enjoyable.
- "Sweet Thursday" by John Steinbeck – Sequel to "Cannery Row". Though somewhat less original, it’s still fun to read.
Re-reads (books I’ve already read in the past, and have recently re-read):
- “Programming Pearls” by Jon Bentley
- “The Moral Animal” by Robert Wright